Friday 9 February 2018

Hellraiser Box Sets

So, here's a few photos of my Hellraiser DVDs and Blu Rays.


First up is the Limited Edition Puzzle Box DVD set.


Nice to look at on the shelf.


 This is the bottom of the box with all the juicy details.



And these are inside.  The design of it isn't very good as you need the polystyrene to keep all the sides upright and it's just made of cardboard.  The main part is thin card (maybe 1mm thick).  Stuck to that on the outside is 4mm thick card with the Lament Configuration pattern on it.  It's all pretty well stuck together but the folds are a bit thin.  You know the old Warner Brothers DVD snapper cases?  They had a plastic frame with cardboard making up the bulk of the case.  The folds on this box are about on par with those.  The discs are safe though, the plastic holding them in place is stiff.  The booklet is loose, glad it's not stuck to the case like some companies do with CDs that I've got.

I think the only reason the box is in good condition is it hardly ever got used as I was afraid it'd rip.

Now I don't need to worry about it ripping when I watch them as I now use my new set, the famed Scarlet Box Limited Edition:


 The outside of the box looks really nice.


 Front and back of the Hellraiser I and II discs

 Front and back of III and The Clive Barker Legacy bonus disc.


 Front and back of the Damnation Game hardback book and Documents of Blood.

 And this is inside the Documents of Blood sleeve.


And this is the inside of the front, the spines of all the discs, book and sleeve, and the inside of the back.

This set is fantastic.  The box itself is very sturdy.  Sure the discs themselves are just in folded cardboard but they're definitely thicker than the snapper cases.  The book is actually hard to open properly as the spine is very well made.  You can only open it about 60 degrees before you feel the strain of the spine.

Once again Arrow Video have done a fantastic job of the packaging as well as the extras and quality of the film transfers.  Arrow are fucking brilliant.

I'll be posting my Dario Argento collection in a few days as I've just got two Arrow Blu Rays to finish it off.  But more about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment